Essential Household Items
From 1st August 2020 the Ogilvie Trustees will once again be considering applications for grants from The Straitened Circumstances (1961) Fund.
This fund gives small grants to individuals in need, for the purchase of essential items not supplied by the statutory agencies. It may give grants for beds and bedding, cookers, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and clothing. The primary aim is to assist those with a household member suffering from incontinence or other medical condition; grants for household items may be awarded where there is a genuine need. Most awards are between £100 and £200.
Applications must be made through a social worker, community nurse or similar professional agency and payment is made direct to that agency.
In the first instance your chosen professional must contact us by post or email and provide the following information:
· Their name, job title and the name and address of the organisation they represent
· Your name, a GDPR Consent form (see the download below) and brief details of your circumstances
· Your household’s weekly income and expenditure (a download is available below to assist with the application if required)
· A prioritised list of the items required with approximate cost, second hand where appropriate
· Which other charities and/or agencies have been approached for funding?
These awards are made from The Straitened Circumstances (1961) Fund.
Download an Income and Expenditure form and our GDPR Consent form
Microsoft Word Version
Objectives and Criteria
Income from the endowed funds of the Straitened Circumstances (1961) Fund will be used to assist individuals who are unable to finance from their own resources, or obtain from the statutory services –
- The purchase of household items (see section below)
- Powered disability aids and/or
- In very limited circumstances – clothing
Grants will be made – they will fall within the range – £100 to £200 per application
The Straitened Circumstances (1961) Fund will consider applications in respect of
- Individuals and/or Families (NO age limit)
The Straitened Circumstances (1961) Fund cannot consider applications from individuals/fam