Funding for Holidays for Carers
Regretfully the payment of all grants from funds administered by the Ogilvie Charities’ Trustees has been temporarily suspended. This will be reviewed in July 2020.
Grants are made to support respite holidays for carers. The primary aim is to give a complete break to a carer while the person cared for is receiving respite care. In exceptional circumstances we may assist where the carer and cared for wish to holiday together, provided they are husband and wife or partners, or an adult child caring for an aged parent or vice versa.
If funds allow, consideration may be given to funding family holidays in the UK where one or more family members suffers a severe disability.
Typical grants range from £200 to £300.
Applications must be made through a social worker, community nurse or similar professional agency and payment is made direct to that agency.
In the first instance your chosen professional must contact us by post or email and provide the following information :
· Their name, job title and the name and address of the organisation they represent
· Your name, a GDPR Consent form (see the download below), and brief details of your circumstances
· Your household’s weekly income and expenditure (a download is available below to assist with the application if required)
· Your proposed holiday venue, date and likely costs
· Who will take over your carering role whilst you are away?
· Which other charities and/or agencies have been approached for funding?
These awards are made from The Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund.
Download an Income and Expenditure form and our GDPR Consent form
Objectives and Criteria
Income from the endowed funds of the Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund will be used to assist –
- Individuals who care for others to have a break completely away from the person whom they normally care for.
- Where the carer and cared for wish to holiday together.
- Family holidays in the UK where one or more members of the family are substantially disabled and where the Margaret Champney Rest & Holiday Fund has funds available.
Grants will be made – they will fall within the range – £100 to £300 per application
The Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund will consider applications in respect of
- Husband and Wife
- Those in a civil partnership
- Those in a long-standing relationship/partnership
- Elderly parents caring for an adult child or vice versa
The Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund cannot consider applications from individuals who do not apply through a third party or who
- Do not meet all/any of the criteria as outlined above
- Any one living outside the United Kingdom
- Refugees unless they have established legitimate status in the United Kingdom
- Those individuals who have no recourse to public funds – whatever the circumstances leading to this position
- Anyone in prison
- Anyone in the UK unlawfully
The Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund can help with
- Cost of holiday accommodation
- Travel to/from the holiday location
- Other/Associated expenses with the holiday
The Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund cannot help with
- Items already funded elsewhere
- Childcare costs
- Daily living expenses
Other Important Information
- Where there are too many applicants for the funds available preference will be given to those in the category (i) – Objectives.
- Any individual successful applicant may not apply for another grant within two years of the original application.
- Grants awarded must be used/expended within a year of the successful applicant being notified. Failure to comply will lead to the grant being withdrawn.
- Applications will not be considered by the Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund without a written application from a Social Worker, Community Nurse or Carers association; this may take any form the applicant wishes but must give sufficient information to judge against the criteria already listed. A current statement of income and expenditure must be submitted.
- The application must include details of the proposed holiday, including total cost and destination and likely date.
- Grant payments will not be made to individual applicants.
- All successful grant payments will be made payable to the organisation supporting the application.
- Where the Grants Committee stipulate any conditions to a grant they must be met in full before any payment is made.
- This charity has a net annual income in the region of £12,000. Once this money has been utilised no further grants will be made in that financial year. For the record the financial year ends at 31st December.
- All decisions of the Trustees are final and no subsequent correspondence will be entered into.
Process for applicants
Written applications should be sent to the registered address of the Charity – addressed to the General Manager.
On receipt of the information a decision will be made within 6 to 8 weeks.
Due to the volume of applications the Margaret Champney Rest and Holiday Fund are unable to acknowledge the receipt of applications. All applicants will be informed of the result of the Charities decision usually within 21 working days of that decision. We regret we are unable to provide the result of the Charities decision by telephone.
Please use the e-mail or postal address of the charity in all forms of communication.