This fund gives small grants to individuals in need, for the purchase of essential items not supplied by the statutory agencies. It may give grants for beds and bedding, cookers, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and clothing. The primary aim is to assist those with a household member suffering from incontinence or other medical condition; grants for household items may be awarded where there is a genuine need. Most awards are between £100 and £200.
Applications must be made through a social worker, community nurse or similar professional agency and payment is made direct to that agency.
In the first instance your chosen professional must contact us by post or email and provide the following information:
· Their name, job title and the name and address of the organisation they represent
· Your name and brief details of your circumstances
· Your household's weekly income and expenditure (a download is available below to assist with the application if required)
· A prioritised list of the items required with approximate cost, second hand where appropriate
· Which other charities and/or agencies have been approached for funding?
These awards are made from The Straitened Circumstances (1961) Fund.